Varieties of hosting solutions
A hosting service applies to saving and/or sharing given web content on a server administered by a website hosting company. There are various classes of hosting services utilized for various aims, so let's take a glimpse at them. In this way, you can decide what you want, based on whether you desire to set up a web site, e-mail addresses, or to share files with comrades and associates.
- File hosting: a solution furnished by some web hosts, which lets you share huge files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived files, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single aim is to share files, since it does not offer web site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore a table of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to see .html or .php web files in your browser. Free-of-cost file storage packages frequently involve adverts by the download links, while a timer compels you to await a particular span of time to observe them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you run a paid file storage account, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no limitation as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
Now, with the help of the cPanel hosting companies, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more voguish "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly incorrect interpretation of the actual definition of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would allocate the tasks at hand between individual hosts of hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to serving various hosting services (email, disk storage, stats, DNS, databases, hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is just a kind of a disk space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; some distributors offer a hosting service for images only. This hosting kind is good if you desire to share an immense quantity of pics with pals or partners since the solution is typically free of charge. You will receive a randomly generated link for each and every image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be utilized for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a service devoted to taking care of your mails. Some companies offer web page hosting services for web pages, but do not offer an email solution. If you want to have a mail address with your domain name but do not desire to have a site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you require. You can create email accounts and manage them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The email hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a given video file, or you can embed the video file in your web page that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of using this approach in lieu of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video file creates a given amount of central processing unit load, so with a few videos and a few hundred site viewers, you may have trouble with your hosting supplies. Embedding the video file will permit you to utilize as many videos as you desire without worrying about system resources.
- Web page hosting: this is the service that you need if you want to keep a web site. To some extent, it incorporates all of the aforesaid hosting variants since, along with your websites, you can also host pictures and files, you can keep databases and electronic mail accounts, upload videos, and so on. At Exclusive Hosting, for instance, you can observe web hosting and dedicated web server hosting accounts that allow you to get all of the aforementioned services in a single location. There may be restrictions based on the type of hosting service that you've settled on - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your hosting account may be better or worse in comparison with the conventional email/file/video/image hosting packages that are designed for particular content exclusively.